Sunday, April 26, 2009

Stereotypes


Well.. I have this freind who went into a technology store and was instantly mesmorized by this "item". I think this "item" has lots of great qualities including a lot of features foud nowhere else. Lets face it.. we americans like the best of the best, the most gadgets, the coolest features. I am not excluded. I suppose, whether because the cost or the fact that I grew up on the alternative (I say alternative but in reality it seems the item my friend wants to purchase it the alternative due to the amount of the market these items own)I haven't justified making "the switch". But I hope if my freind decides to purchase this item she doesn't fall into the stereotypes associated with this "item". Having said this here are some of the stereotypes I associate with the item:

1: They define themselves by their computer. 2: they go to Starbucks to get a mochalottafrapachino(whatever) and to work on thier script. 3: They oppose anything "mainstream". 4: geeky non-perscription glasses. 5: they go buy thousands of dollars in video editing software and web page design that they will never use. 6: over trendy haircut. 7: metro. 8: they stop listening to an artist cuz they "sold out". 9: very opinionated. 10: they would rather die then use IE instead of Mozilla. 11. snooby. 12. they are all amature photographers. 13: They heart San Francisco. 14: the guys wear girls pants. 15: only eat organic foods including sprout shots. 16: accessorize. Well while I could go on I wont. I dont think there as as many stereotypes for the "others people" who use the alternative option just cuz its everybody else. Anyways.. to my friend.. I think you shoud get one... and if you buy one dont buy one to make you cool or accepted or different or whatever and dont fit any of these stereotypes. Happy buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment