Monday, May 11, 2009

Core Meltdown


So I was driving back from my parents house last night... They live 3 hours south of here and there is nothing and I repeat NOTHING between here and there...so anyways.. Im driving and my dash indicates the car is hot. Im like 50 miles from a gas station let alone human life. So Im looking out the window and I see freakin' tumbleweeds, scorpions, and coyotes. I look up through the sun roof and see about 4 buzzards circling my car. Due to the fact that the cars computer is expensive, my car begins to power down to protect the engine from serious overheating damage. Thats good I suppose. So I pull off the side of the road and look at my brother Nathan in the passanger seat. He is skinner than me so of course he will die first. I will have to find a stick and use it to create a shallow grave and pray that the coyotes dont dig him up once Im gone. I wonder if anybody will ever find us out here. Instantly my mind is refered to the thousands of hours I spend watching Bear Grills surviving in some harsh places. I instantly start looking for elephant poop that I can drink the water from (African Desert episode) only to find none. I tell my brother to gather brush to start a fire while I put myself incharge of creating a shelter that will last the night, and perhaps, years. I prepared for the worse. I used a rock to sharpen several sticks to defend ourselves.

Well its been 3 months out here... We have since domesticated a few deer and have cultivated the ground to yield its fruits... actually all I did was call AAA and get a lift to provo and had my car towed and repaired.

1 comment: