Monday, June 1, 2009

Heart of Gold


So Saturday I was a volunteer for the Special Olympics. I had a really good time and will be more than happy to volunteer again when it comes through the area. I checked in the athletics for the 400m and the 1500 m. Then I organized them into their divisions and lined them up in the correct order on the track starting line. Lets just say (between the two of us) basically all of these athletics would have destroyed me if I was competing against them. Holy Moly! I was red badge volunteer if that means anything to anyone. Red is bottom of the totem followed by yellow then green. All of the kids were very good sports and cheered for everybody else in each race. All of them had courage and determination. I think I learned quite a bit from them actually and actually left the Olympics feeling like a selfish jerk. Yeah.. working on that. I also felt good for gettitng out there and hopefully making at least one person feel better about themselves. Anyways.. I encourage all of you to get out there and make a difference in at least your own life, if not somebody else's life. Oh.. I forgot to mention.. their metals are the real deal. Freak'. Keep the car running i'll only be a moment. "Hey kid, can I hold your metal for a moment?" Floor it!! Next stop... pawn shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment